Description of project:
Fossils are of great interest for the reconstruction and tests of phylogenies, biogeography scenarios and palaeo-environments. This is especially the case for insects, despite the very frequent under-evaluation of their diversity.
Duration of training:
To be discussed with mentor
MSc students, PhD students as well as early career researchers
- Techniques (preparations, collection techniques)
- Identification of fossil insects
- Inclusions of fossil insects in phylogenies
- Experience in writing a scientific paper
- History of insects
- Inference of attributes from recent taxa to fossils
Name of mentor / supervisor:
Dr André Nel
Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
Department of Systematics, UMR 5202
Entomology, CP 50, 45 rue Buffon, F-75005 Paris
Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses.
Deadline for registration: 31 January 2014.
Click here for the registration form.
Payment details and deadline will be provided upon acceptance to the training.